Effective Date: October 1, 2018
Please take a few minutes to read and understand it.
▪ Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users").
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
The information you provide us directly:
▪ Username, password and e-mail address when you register for a WhoBit account.
▪ Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, gender). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on WhoBit.
▪ User Content (e.g., geotag (to mark your location), photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
▪ Communications between you and WhoBit. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
▪ We ask you to share your location information from your mobile device and/or computer. If you choose not to, some Services may not function. Location information is used to help you or other users content be "found" on WhoBit. You can revoke your consent by changing the settings or preferences on your device and/or computer or by deleting WhoBit from your device.
▪ We may use automated devices and applications, including those offered by third parties to evaluate usage of our Services. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences. The information collected may include unique device identifiers, device manufacturer and operating system, IP address, browser type, session start/stop time, and user activity.
▪ To learn how Google Analytics uses your data from the Sites and how to opt out of the collection of your information by Google Analytics via the Sites, please visit and .
▪ Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include a unique anonymous identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
▪ Our Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we use the information we collect from and about you to provide and operate the Services, respond to your requests, and to provide customer service and technical support. We may also use the information to:
Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
▪ to display advertising, including advertising that is targeted to you based on your location.
▪ remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
▪ to tailor the information that we may send or display to you, offer location customization, send youto push notifications and alerts, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services.
▪ provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
▪ provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
▪ develop and test new products and features
▪ monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
▪ diagnose or fix technology problems
▪ automatically update the application on your device
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside WhoBit without your consent, except as noted in this Policy. You cannot control who views your content; any content you post is publicly available. So, if you don't want to share something publicly, don't post it. WhoBit is a social network, and the content you post may be shared with and viewable by others.
Parties with whom your User Content may be Shared:
▪ Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public. Once you have shared User Content, that User Content may be re-shared by others including outside WhoBit Network of users.
▪ Any information that you post, including comments, and other information is publicly available. We cannot control how your information is used by others. Your posts are available to all other users. Users can also freely share any content, no matter who posted it, through other third party sites like Facebook, Twitter, and other third parties.
Change of control:
Responding to legal requests:
▪ We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (eg., search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
▪ Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which WhoBit, its Service Providers maintain facilities.
▪ WhoBit, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
▪ We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, WhoBit cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to WhoBit or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
▪ Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and WhoBit, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
▪ The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
WhoBit does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please .
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at .
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY